From: Stefan Behnel on
Sells, Fred, 29.01.2010 20:31:
> Google is your friend. Elementtree is one of the better documented
> IMHO, but there are many modules to do this.

Unless the OP provides some more information, "do this" is rather
underdefined. And sending someone off to Google who is just learning the
basics of Python and XML and trying to solve a very specific problem with
them is not exactly the spirit I'm used to in this newsgroup.

Stefan
From: jakecjacobson on
On Jan 29, 2:41 pm, Stefan Behnel <stefan...(a)behnel.de> wrote:
> Sells, Fred, 29.01.2010 20:31:
>
> > Google is your friend.  Elementtree is one of the better documented
> > IMHO, but there are many modules to do this.
>
> Unless the OP provides some more information, "do this" is rather
> underdefined. And sending someone off to Google who is just learning the
> basics of Python and XML and trying to solve a very specific problem with
> them is not exactly the spirit I'm used to in this newsgroup.
>
> Stefan

Just want to thank everyone for their posts. I got it working after I
discovered a name space issue with this code.

xmlDoc = libxml2.parseDoc(guts)
# Ignore namespace and just get the Resource
resourceNodes = xmlDoc.xpathEval('//*[local-name()="Resource"]')
for rNode in resourceNodes:
print rNode