From: Jeffrey R. Carter on
Peter C. Chapin wrote:

> In my actual program the index variables are named differently than in my
> example anyway. However, I admit that I have used 'Fst' and 'Lst' at times in
> my code since I couldn't think of anything else that wasn't reserved. I
> probably lack imagination.

Initial and Final? Commence and Conclude? Origin and Destination? Alpha and Omega?

--
Jeff Carter
"Apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine,
From: Niklas Holsti on
Jeffrey R. Carter wrote:
> Niklas Holsti wrote:
>> exit when Index_Fst >= Buffer'Last;
>
> So it looks to me as if the correct test is
>
> exit when Index_Lst [>]= Buffer'Last;

I agree. As too often happens, I was reading (and copying) what I
expected to see, and not what was actually written. Five strokes of the
lash for me...

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd
From: Ludovic Brenta on
"Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not(a)spam.acm.org> writes:
> So it looks to me as if the correct test is
>
> exit when Index_Lst [>]= Buffer'Last;
>
> (Maybe Brenta meant this, and mistyped it; the variable names are very
> similar. Using _First and _Last might make such an error more
> obvious.)

Yes, that's what I meant, and I agree with you. In addition, Stephe's
suggestion to replace Index_Fst and Index_Lst with a single Index,
passed in out to Do_Something, is even better.

--
Ludovic Brenta.