From: JSpence2003 on
I have a stack of sleeves from my company's ActionPack subscriptions, that
the CDs were removed from and not replaced properly...how can I find out what
software the product key is for? Does Microsoft have a reverse lookup thing?
From: ybS2okj on
NO. It is not possible to know but a bit of common sense would do the
trick. First determine what software you have got on your system. Then
locate the original CDs for these software. Finally, create a test system
and try installing the software from these CDs using the serial numbers you
have.

The chances are you are likely to have Windows XP Professional and/or Office
Professional products. There aren't many M$ products in common circulation!

hth

From: Bob I on
Maybe Actionpack support can hepl you.
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/program/managemembership/actionpack/mapsfaq

From: Lem on
JSpence2003 wrote:
> I have a stack of sleeves from my company's ActionPack subscriptions, that
> the CDs were removed from and not replaced properly...how can I find out what
> software the product key is for? Does Microsoft have a reverse lookup thing?

Try Belarc Advisor (free for personal use):

Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Patrick Keenan on

"JSpence2003" <JSpence2003(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a stack of sleeves from my company's ActionPack subscriptions, that
> the CDs were removed from and not replaced properly...how can I find out
> what
> software the product key is for? Does Microsoft have a reverse lookup
> thing?

No, but system audit utilities, such as Belarc Advisor, will list installed
keys, and that should give you a starting point.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Update Issues
Next: Word history