From: Thomas Magma on
For some reason I'm having troubles finding a programmable clock divider
chip. I have a 20MHz reference clock that I need divided by 23. I would like
the option of changing this divide ratio if needed. I can't seem to find a
simple single chip solution (smaller the better). I'm currently looking at
CPLDs which is not a clean solution because of ICP. The 40103 is another
option but is border line with the max speed vs my operating voltage. I'm
also looking at using the R or N counters of a synthesizer chip if this is
at all possible.

Seems to me there should be a two wire programmable SC70 divide-by-N
available, but I can't seem to find anything close.

Any thoughts?

Thomas

From: Brendan Gillatt on
From: Thomas Magma on

> Not SC70 but the On Semiconductor Fxxxx chips are really nice to use with
> two-wire variants available.

Thanks Brendan, could you elaborate on what series the Fxxxx is? I'm having
a hard time finding it.

Thomas

From: pimpom on
Thomas Magma wrote:
> For some reason I'm having troubles finding a programmable clock
> divider chip. I have a 20MHz reference clock that I need divided by
> 23. I would like the option of changing this divide ratio if needed.
> I can't seem to find a simple single chip solution (smaller the
> better). I'm currently looking at CPLDs which is not a clean solution
> because of ICP. The 40103 is another option but is border line with
> the max speed vs my operating voltage. I'm also looking at using the
> R or N counters of a synthesizer chip if this is at all possible.
>
> Seems to me there should be a two wire programmable SC70 divide-by-N
> available, but I can't seem to find anything close.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thomas

Is the 54/74HC4059 any good to you?

From: Brendan Gillatt on