From: Howard Brazee on
I have a VB enabled Excel document.

One tab has a value in Column B. If that value is "A" or "B", I want
to create a row somewhere that contains the lowest value of the
corresponding columns C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, R,
S, T, U

This tab is growing. Could someone assist me in creating this row?

- James Madison
From: Roger Govier on
Hi Howard

No need for a macro.
In Z2 enter
=IF(OR(B2="A",B2="B"),MIN(MIN(C2:K2),MIN(M2:U2)),"")

Copy down the sheet, as far as you wish.
As rows become populated, then the formula will produce the result.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: Howard Brazee on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:00:18 +0000, Roger Govier
<roger(a)technology4nospamu.co.uk> wrote:

>No need for a macro.
>In Z2 enter
>=IF(OR(B2="A",B2="B"),MIN(MIN(C2:K2),MIN(M2:U2)),"")
>
>Copy down the sheet, as far as you wish.
>As rows become populated, then the formula will produce the result.

I'm trying to produce a new row, not a new column.

For instance:

New Row name 12 12 13 5 8 ...
A 12 55 33 18 9 ...
B 33 12 88 5 22 ...
C 3 8 12 55 0 ...
B 33 88 13 5 8 ...

- James Madison
From: Roger Govier on
Hi Howard

Then, place the "new row" as a fixed row ABOVE your existing Data, with
a further new row inserted above that.
So now your data would start in row 3
In C1 enter 3, in D1 enter 4, highlight both cells and drag across with
the fill handle to step up the number.
In c2 enter
=INDEX($Z:$Z,C$1)
and copy across as far as required.

You will now have a row of Minimum values in row 2, with the
corresponding row number from where this data was extracted in the cell
above.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: Howard Brazee on
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:21:03 +0000, Roger Govier
<roger(a)technology4nospamu.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi Howard
>
>Then, place the "new row" as a fixed row ABOVE your existing Data, with
>a further new row inserted above that.
>So now your data would start in row 3

My summary row is row 2, I get. Column A currently has a date,
column B currently has a type (assume it has values "A", "B", "C",
"D", or "E"). I am only interested in summarizing data for rows
containing "A" or "B" in column B.

>In C1 enter 3, in D1 enter 4, highlight both cells and drag across with
>the fill handle to step up the number.

I don't understand this. What are the numbers 3 & 4? What's a fill
handle? Where do I drag these to? Why?

Currently I already have data in C1 and D1 (headings)

>In c2 enter
>=INDEX($Z:$Z,C$1)
>and copy across as far as required.

What is "Z"?

>You will now have a row of Minimum values in row 2, with the
>corresponding row number from where this data was extracted in the cell
>above.

I'm showing my ignorance here.

- James Madison