From: Stan Cooper Stan on
We have an Exchange 2003 with 2003 Active Directory environment. We have a
distribution list that sends to all mailboxes in our organization and
recently we've had some users inadvertently sending to this list. We DO NOT
want to lock down who can send to the list (which would be the easy fix) and
during a brainstorming session we were asked if we can have Outlook prompt
the user with something like, "Are you really sure you want to send this to
Everyone?" Is there anything in Exchange or Outlook that would create a
prompt when selecting a certain distribution list?
From: M on
Hello:

There's no built-in way that I'm aware of to do this. You'd need some type
of add-on to Outlook or write one yourself if nothing fits your needs. I
don't see the point in sending as a DL, then being concerned about users
replying back to the DL. Why even send as the DL in the first place, and why
not lock down who can send to the DL? Can't you send as a generic mailbox or
public folder?

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: M on
Hello:

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:26:12 -0700, Stan Cooper <Stan
Cooper(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have an Exchange 2003 with 2003 Active Directory environment. We have a
>distribution list that sends to all mailboxes in our organization and
>recently we've had some users inadvertently sending to this list. We DO NOT
>want to lock down who can send to the list (which would be the easy fix) and
>during a brainstorming session we were asked if we can have Outlook prompt
>the user with something like, "Are you really sure you want to send this to
>Everyone?" Is there anything in Exchange or Outlook that would create a
>prompt when selecting a certain distribution list?

Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2010 will give you "mail tips" which will
put notices like that into the notification area. It'll tell when
someone's OOF, when their mailbox is full, when the recipients are
external, when a DL ontains a lot of recipients, etc.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP