From: Ben Finney on
Terry Reedy <tjreedy(a)udel.edu> writes:

> On 6/2/2010 4:04 AM, pyDev wrote:
>
> > forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> > pythonforum.org). Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
>
> This is the second time today I have read a post with a useless link
> wrapped over two lines. Email lists and newsgroups (this is both) are
> text, not html based. Put a link on one line by itself, with no
> punctuation.

Or better, follow appendix “E. Recommendations for Delimiting URI in
Context” of RFC 2396 <URL:http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt>. This
allows the text to flow more naturally than breaking every URL onto a
separate line, while still delimiting URLs within the text in a standard
manner that most text processing tools will recognise.

--
\ “We can't depend for the long run on distinguishing one |
`\ bitstream from another in order to figure out which rules |