From: artful on
On Jul 20, 10:29 pm, JT <jonas.thornv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 Juli, 14:20, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Change nick to whatever it would be more suiting, your nonsense
> > > critique.
>
> > I see you're the same old coward and can't come up with any
> > justification for your nonsense
>
> No i answered that causuality is evidence of abolute temporal order
> ruling ***cosmos***

That's what you assert .. no evidence to support it. Just as I said.

[snip nonsense]

As I said .. SR's observer-dependent temporal ordering of (some)
events does NOT violate causality. So you claim that causality
implies absolute ordering is just plain wrong.

Try again. Though that may require you to learn something and think
logically .. probably beyond your meager abilities
From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/20/10 7:15 AM, JT wrote:
> Bwahhahahahahahahh far apart but close enough in time poor sucker
> dreaming of two particles travelling near c towards eachother going
> for a date using slow clocks bwahahahah

You must be referring to the LHC, two particles, each traveling
close to c in opposite direction--relative mass increase and time
dilation. And you laughing with delight... or is it ignorance?

From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/20/10 7:16 AM, JT wrote:
> temporal order is absolute in the macro cosmos realm, it is very
> easy to prove in a simulation.

No, temporal order is observer dependent.

JT, order of event is observer dependent and nicely presented
in the 30-minute episode of the Mechanical Universe you can watch
on your computer!

The Mechanical Universe series.
http://www.learner.org/resources/series42.html

42. The Lorentz Transformation
If the speed of light is to be the same for all observers, then
the length of a meter stick, or the rate of a ticking clock,
depends on who measures it.

Lesson 42: The Lorentz Transformation

If the speed of light is to be the same for all inertial observers (as
indicated by the Michelson-Morley experiment) the equations for time and
space are not difficult to find. But what do they mean? They mean that
the length of a meter stick, or the rate of ticking of a clock depends
on who measure it.

Text Assignment: Chapter 46

Instructional Objectives

Be able to use the Lorentz Transformation to work problems relating time
or space intervals in different reference frames.
Be able to give some of the hypothetical explanations put forward to
account for the Michelson-Morley experiment.
Be able to discuss the concept of length contraction.
Be able to understand and use spacetime diagrams.
Be able to define and discuss the concept of simultaneity.
Be able to define and discuss clock synchronization.

From: kenseto on
On Jul 20, 8:25 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/20/10 6:53 AM, kenseto wrote:

> >>     Not so. Some clock run fast if the gravitation well of the clock is
> >>     less than the observer.
>
> > Hey idiot gravitational potential effect is due to different states of
> > absolute motion at different gravitational potentials.
>
>    There is no motion between the clocks, Seto, in the Pound–Rebka
>    experiment. Their states of motion are identical, not different.

Different gravitational potential means different states of absolute
motion. That's why Pound and Rebka found frequency shift in the
vertical direction.

Ken Seto

From: harald on
On Jul 20, 2:16 pm, JT <jonas.thornv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 Juli, 17:47, harald <h...(a)swissonline.ch> wrote:

> > > Yes the law of casuality.
>
> > > JT
>
> > The temporal order of *certain* spatially separated events is
> > "absolute" in the sense that everyone agrees. Simply put, if you *see*
> > a distant supernova before your own sun explodes, *everyone* will
> > agree that that the other star exploded first.
> > Opinions become "relative" when your sun explodes *before* you see the
> > other star explode, because then you must make assumptions about the
> > one-way speed of light, which - strictly speaking - cannot really be
> > measured as it is declared to be c by definition ("synchronization
> > convention"). Thus in such cases we cannot determine which event
> > really occurred before the other.
>
> > Note that according to quantum mechanics, if reality exists and
> > causality must be obeyed then there must still *be* a real order of
> > certain events; but we still cannot *determine* the order if those
> > events happen quickly after each other (or practically simultaneously)
> > at a great distance from each other.
>
> > Harald
>
> No temporal order is absolute in the macro cosmos realm, it is very
> easy to prove in a simulation.
>
> JT

Let's see, first you assert:

"Temporal order of spatial separated events is absolute"

And I gave a detailed comment on that. Now you reply:

"No temporal order is absolute in the macro cosmos realm, it is very
easy to prove in a simulation."

Whatever that sentence was supposed to mean (if anything), it appears
that you are trolling - so I won't fall for that again.

Goodbye,
Harald

Harald