From: Leonidas . on
Hi

I am trying to read the stack size from user area for processes which
I am ptracing, for some reason
the stack is being reported as ffffffff.

This is how I am trying read the stack size, using struct user from
sys/user.h, I am on x86,

stack_size = ptrace (PTRACE_PEEKUSER, getpid(), offsetof (struct user,
u_ssize), 0);

Any idea? What is the best way to read stack size of each thread? I
know getrlimit() but that just talks about
size of main thread. Each thread on my system can have different stack
size and I cant use pthread_* functions
here.

-Leo.