From: Brian on
E2003 on SBS2003.

I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them
via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only.

When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of
them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However,
when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this:

Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server>
Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server>
Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail address>
Action: failed

I do have a previously mail-enabled folder that does accept mail from
external sources (the box used by the SBS inbound fax service.)

What am I missing on my new folders/addresses?
From: "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" email a on
"Brian" <Brian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> E2003 on SBS2003.
>
> I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created
> them
> via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only.
>
> When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of
> them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post.
> However,
> when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this:
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server>
> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server>
> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail address>
> Action: failed
>
> I do have a previously mail-enabled folder that does accept mail from
> external sources (the box used by the SBS inbound fax service.)
>
> What am I missing on my new folders/addresses?

Compare the permissions (in Outlook) on the working and non-working folders.
You need something like (at least) Anonymous = Contributor.

Lee.

--

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.leederbyshire.com
lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m