From: HectorLPerez on
I'll try to explain as best as I can.
I have over ten spreadsheets in reality but for this example, lets just say
that I have two. Alpha and Beta. I am trying to put together one workbook
that pulls data from both alpha and beta so that I can review without having
to open them both up. The first tab in this new workbook is a summary tab and
the other two tabs are exactl duplicates of alpha and beta. the two tabs in
this new workbook are pulling data from the actual alpha and beta workbooks.
it is all working perfectly. when I open my new workbook it asks to update, I
click yes, and everything is fine. But what happens if I add a column to the
original Alpha workbook? Is there a way to make sure that the new workbook
also adds a column automatically?
From: Dave Peterson on
Nope.

And I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'd do my best to put all that
information into a single worksheet in a single workbook.

Then I could use filters/sorts/pivottables/charts really easily.

--

Dave Peterson

Pages: 1
Prev: Command botton