From: Haulyn Jason on
Hi, all:

I have many classes, from Java I have to put a class in one java files,
in PHP I know I can put all of them in one file, but this make my class
files too large, is there any best practice to guide these basic?

Thanks.

--
Thanks!

VVThumb Microproduction

Location:Room 807,QiLuRuanJianDaSha Qilu Software Park
No. 1 Shunhua Rd High-Tech Development Zone
Jinan, China 250101
Website: http://www.haulynjason.net/haulyn
Mobile: +86 15854103759

Haulyn Jason

From: Haulyn Jason on
On 08/29/2010 01:06 PM, Josh Kehn wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2010, at 12:56 AM, Haulyn Jason wrote:
>

>> Hi, all:
>>
>> I have many classes, from Java I have to put a class in one java files, in PHP I know I can put all of them in one file, but this make my class files too large, is there any best practice to guide these basic?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks!
>>
>> VVThumb Microproduction
>>
>> Location:Room 807,QiLuRuanJianDaSha Qilu Software Park
>> No. 1 Shunhua Rd High-Tech Development Zone
>> Jinan, China 250101
>> Website: http://www.haulynjason.net/haulyn
>> Mobile: +86 15854103759
>>
>> Haulyn Jason
>>

>> --
>>

> Your question is clear as mud, can you clarify at all?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Josh
> ____________________________________
> Joshua Kehn | Josh.Kehn(a)gmail.com
> http://joshuakehn.com

Sorry, I mean:

In php project, I am using OOp feature, I want to know, which way the
following is better. 1, write a new class, create a new file. 2. write
all class in one php file.

Thanks.

From: Haulyn Jason on
On 08/29/2010 02:04 PM, Eric Cash wrote:
> I'm out and about right
> now, so I can't link you to the autoload documentation page

Thanks Eric, I have read the autoload document, but not pay attention on
it. I will search more about it now, thanks.

From: Peter Lind on
On 29 August 2010 08:14, Haulyn Jason <saharabear(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/29/2010 02:04 PM, Eric Cash wrote:
>>
>> I'm out and about right
>> now, so I can't link you to the autoload documentation page
>
> Thanks Eric, I have read the autoload document, but not pay attention on it.
> I will search more about it now, thanks.

For maintainability: 1 class, 1 file
For performance: all critical/core class in same file (i.e. the ones
you WILL load no matter what), the rest loaded as needed

It's a tradeoff. If you don't know which to pick, go with 1 class, 1 file.

Regards
Peter

--
<hype>