From: Chris Withers on
Hi All,

Using easy_install to get PyDispatcher results in:

Searching for PyDispatcher
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/PyDispatcher/
Reading http://pydispatcher.sourceforge.net
Reading https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=79755
Reading http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydispatcher/files/pydispatcher/
Best match: PyDispatcher 2.0.1
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydispatcher/files/pydispatcher/2.0.1/PyDispatcher-2.0.1-py2.5.egg/download
Processing download
error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-ioAdEo/download

Who's the maintainer of PyDispatcher nowadays? Would be handy if they
removed the sourceforge link from pypi.

In the meantime, the following works around the problem:

easy_install PyDispatcher -H *.python.org

cheers,

Chris

From: Mike C. Fletcher on
Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Using easy_install to get PyDispatcher results in:

> Who's the maintainer of PyDispatcher nowadays? Would be handy if they
> removed the sourceforge link from pypi.

Thanks for the report. I've released a 2.0.2 version on PyPI. That
should now work properly with easy_install.

HTH,
Mike

Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
http://www.vrplumber.com
http://blog.vrplumber.com

From: Chris Withers on
Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Using easy_install to get PyDispatcher results in:

>> Who's the maintainer of PyDispatcher nowadays? Would be handy if they
>> removed the sourceforge link from pypi.
>
> Thanks for the report. I've released a 2.0.2 version on PyPI. That
> should now work properly with easy_install.

Great! Thanks Mike!

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk