From: Gib Bogle on
I've just installed Python 2.6.4 and PyQt 4.7 on my Windows machine, on which I
was using Python 2.5 and PyQt 4.5. Now 'from PyQt4 import QtGui'
fails to find the DLL. Some googling shows that others have encountered the
same problem, and a workaround is to copy QtGui4.dll (for example) from
D:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin
D:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4
This is obviously not a solution, just a clue. Another clue is that the Python
2.5 installation didn't have the \bin subdirectory, instead all the DLLs were in
PyQt4. It looks as if for 2.6 the DLLs have been moved but the search path
hasn't been changed. sys.path includes D:\python26\lib\site-packages, and the
Windows PATH environment variable includes D:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin

For some reason I have a sense of deja vu. Can anyone help?