From: Antoine Pitrou on
Le Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:37:30 -0700, John Nagle a écrit :

> The cert file is the same PEM file I use with M2Crypto, and it's derived
> from Firefox's cert file.
>
> Why am I getting a "private key" related error? I'm not submitting a
> keyfile, just a cert file.

I'm not an expert but this is what the SSL doc says:

« The keyfile and certfile parameters specify optional files which
contain a certificate to be used to identify the local side of the
connection. »

>From that, I understand that you need to specify both at the same time,
and that one of them (probably the keyfile) needs to be a private key.
Otherwise how would the local side identify itself?

Perhaps you are using the wrong parameters and looking for ca_certs
instead:

« The ca_certs file contains a set of concatenated “certification
authority” certificates, which are used to validate certificates passed
from the other end of the connection. »