From: fuglyducky on
I am trying to install a library that requires setuptools.
Unfortunately, setuptools isn't available for Python 3 yet. Is this
correct? Any idea when it may be available OR if there is a different
tool/method of getting setuptools installed for Python 3?

Thanks!!!
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 07/16/2010 06:10 PM, fuglyducky wrote:
> I am trying to install a library that requires setuptools.
> Unfortunately, setuptools isn't available for Python 3 yet. Is this
> correct? Any idea when it may be available OR if there is a different
> tool/method of getting setuptools installed for Python 3?

It is available.

It is, in fact, in the Debian archives, which is where I got it from,
thought this probably doesn't help you directly.
http://packages.debian.org/sid/python3-setuptools

Closer inspection reveals that it's actually a fork. There you go:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute

Cheers
- Thomas