From: Johny on
Is there any tutorial how to write a bindings for a exe ( dos)
program?
I would like to run it from a Python directly
( using import command and a particular function from the binding)
not using os.system command.
Thanks
L.
From: Joaquin Abian on
On Mar 16, 5:20 pm, Johny <pyt...(a)hope.cz> wrote:
> Is there any tutorial how to write a bindings for a exe ( dos)
> program?
> I would like to run it from a Python directly
> ( using import command and a particular function from the binding)
>  not using os.system command.
> Thanks
> L.

subprocess ?
From: Joaquin Abian on
On Mar 16, 5:20 pm, Johny <pyt...(a)hope.cz> wrote:
> Is there any tutorial how to write a bindings for a exe ( dos)
> program?
> I would like to run it from a Python directly
> ( using import command and a particular function from the binding)
>  not using os.system command.
> Thanks
> L.

subprocess ?
From: Gabriel Genellina on
En Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:20:40 -0300, Johny <python(a)hope.cz> escribi�:

> Is there any tutorial how to write a bindings for a exe ( dos)
> program?
> I would like to run it from a Python directly
> ( using import command and a particular function from the binding)
> not using os.system command.

Do you mean that you want to execute a particular function in the .exe
program?
That's not possible (ok, you *could* do that if you work hard enough, but
that's not how things are usually done)

--
Gabriel Genellina

From: Terry Reedy on
On 3/16/2010 3:12 PM, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:20:40 -0300, Johny <python(a)hope.cz> escribió:
>
>> Is there any tutorial how to write a bindings for a exe ( dos)
>> program?
>> I would like to run it from a Python directly
>> ( using import command and a particular function from the binding)
>> not using os.system command.
>
> Do you mean that you want to execute a particular function in the .exe
> program?
> That's not possible (ok, you *could* do that if you work hard enough,
> but that's not how things are usually done)

If running a function within the .exe *is* what you want, then you
should compile to .dll instead of .exe and use swig or ctypes to do the
binding.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: cycling through options