From: rk on
Hi,

I am python novice, trying to convert a boost::gregorian::date out to
python using PyDateTime C-api interface. I was coring because the C-
API failed to initialize. The error was:

AttributeError: "module" object has not attribute datetime_CAPI

As indicated by the error, a dir(datetime) gives me the following
output.

['MAXYEAR', 'MINYEAR', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', 'date',
'datetime', 'time', 'timedelta', 'tzinfo']

I am note sure why datetime_CAPI is missing? I would appreciate any
input.

Regards,
Ramesh
From: Jason Scheirer on
On Apr 26, 8:21 am, rk <kadambi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am python novice, trying to convert a boost::gregorian::date out to
> python using PyDateTime C-api interface. I was coring because the C-
> API failed to initialize. The error was:
>
> AttributeError: "module" object has not attribute datetime_CAPI
>
> As indicated by the error, a dir(datetime) gives me the following
> output.
>
> ['MAXYEAR', 'MINYEAR', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', 'date',
> 'datetime', 'time', 'timedelta', 'tzinfo']
>
> I am note sure why datetime_CAPI is missing? I would appreciate any
> input.
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh

You MUST use the PyDateTime_IMPORT; macro at the top ov EVERY scope in
which you are using the DateTime C API.