From: Patrick Maupin on
On Mar 23, 3:12 pm, Tim Golden <m...(a)timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> I can't say I thought *very* hard before sending that but...
> The OP asked for "integrate Python in Web Pages with HTML"
> which I understood -- perhaps wrongly -- to mean: run Python
> in the browser. The only two ways I'm aware of doing that
> in Python are the undersupported Python-as-IE-scripting-language
> and IronPython/Silverlight.

If I had to run Python in a browser, the first thing I would do is
turn to Pyjamas: http://pyjs.org/

Regards,
Pat
From: Patrick Maupin on
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Shashwat Anand
<anand.shashwat(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a project PyWhip (renamed as PyKata) which aims for the same
> purpose. Google AppEmgine + Django does the trick for that. May be you can
> take an inspiration or two from there especially because all code is open
> to/for you.

But, if I understand PyWhip/PyKata after glancing at the project page,
it doesn't actually run code in the browser...

Regards,
Pat
From: Parker on
On Mar 23, 4:55 pm, Jose Manuel <jfernan...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been learning Python, and it is amazing .... I am using the
> tutorial that comes with the official distribution.
>
> At the end my goal is to develop applied mathematic in engineering
> applications to be published on the Web, specially on app. oriented to
> simulations and control systems, I was about to start learning Java
> but I found Python which seems easier to learn that Java.
>
> Would it be easy to integrate Python in Web pages with HTML? I have
> read many info on Internet saying it is, and I hope so ....
>
> Any opinion

this must be the one you want
http://web2py.com/
From: bobicanprogram on
On Mar 23, 11:55 am, Jose Manuel <jfernan...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been learning Python, and it is amazing .... I am using the
> tutorial that comes with the official distribution.
>
> At the end my goal is to develop applied mathematic in engineering
> applications to be published on the Web, specially on app. oriented to
> simulations and control systems, I was about to start learning Java
> but I found Python which seems easier to learn that Java.
>
> Would it be easy to integrate Python in Web pages with HTML? I have
> read many info on Internet saying it is, and I hope so ....
>
> Any opinion

You probably want to take a look at this tutorial as well:

http://www.icanprogram.com/06py/lesson1/lesson1.html

The SIMPL toolkit will give you added flexibility to choose the
language for some of your more computationally intensive simulations
and still present a unified Python interface to the whole thing.

bob
From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
Jose Manuel a �crit :
> I have been learning Python, and it is amazing .... I am using the
> tutorial that comes with the official distribution.
>
> At the end my goal is to develop applied mathematic in engineering
> applications to be published on the Web, specially on app. oriented to
> simulations and control systems, I was about to start learning Java
> but I found Python which seems easier to learn that Java.

Python is indeed quite lightweight when compared to Java. But it has
it's share of non-obvious features, dark corners, gotchas, and plain
warts too.

> Would it be easy to integrate Python in Web pages with HTML? I have
> read many info on Internet saying it is, and I hope so ....

If you think of some server-page PHP-like solution, you won't find much
usable stuff. There are quite a few Python web development toolkits /
frameworks, but Django is becoming the de facto standard. Arguably not
the "best" framework (depending on your definition of "best"), but
certainly one of the most pythonic and well documented around.