From: Mok-Kong Shen on
Hi,

Maybe a rather dumb question: If the property of non-linearity can
be disregarded, is there a way of obtaining a n-bit (n>2) bijective
function satisfying SAC with low computational cost?

Thanks,

M. K. Shen
From: biject on
On Sep 17, 9:42 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe a rather dumb question: If the property of non-linearity can
> be disregarded, is there a way of obtaining a n-bit (n>2) bijective
> function satisfying SAC with low computational cost?
>
> Thanks,
>
> M. K. Shen

Yes I humbly agree its a dumb question.
Why would you really expect anyone to give
you an answer?

David A. Scott
--
My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
biject wrote:

> Yes I humbly agree its a dumb question.
> Why would you really expect anyone to give
> you an answer?

Just because you think so, doesn't mean much (especially
in view of what I understand is the common valuation
of your self-praised software in this group).

M. K. Shen
From: Maaartin on
On Sep 17, 5:42 pm, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Maybe a rather dumb question: If the property of non-linearity can
> be disregarded, is there a way of obtaining a n-bit (n>2) bijective
> function satisfying SAC with low computational cost?

I'm not sure if I did understand you right. Just in case I did:

I'd ask another question: Is there any (affine) linear function
satisfying the SAC. No, as the expression for each ouput bits looks
like
C ^ x[n0] ^ x[n1] ^ ...
so complementing any single input bit changes any given output bit
either always or never - quite far from the required 50% chance.

But SAC is quite weak anyway, I read a paper describing a trivial
construction of arbitrary large SAC function (which IMHO was of no
use).
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
Maaartin wrote:

> I'm not sure if I did understand you right. Just in case I did:
>
> I'd ask another question: Is there any (affine) linear function
> satisfying the SAC. No, as the expression for each ouput bits looks
> like
> C ^ x[n0] ^ x[n1] ^ ...
> so complementing any single input bit changes any given output bit
> either always or never - quite far from the required 50% chance.
>
> But SAC is quite weak anyway, I read a paper describing a trivial
> construction of arbitrary large SAC function (which IMHO was of no
> use).

In the literature there are papers aiming to get highly nonlinear
functions satisfying SAC. I guess that, if one doesn't demand
anything concerning nonlinearity, one may in return get some
saving in computational cost. I am curious to know whether this
is the case. So the paper you mentioned would indeed interest me.
It would be nice, if you (or anyone in the group) happen to have
the exact reference at hand and kindly provide it to me.

Thanks,

M. K. Shen
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10