From: JJ on
Hi all

is it possible to add or remove classes from any of the common web
browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera, etc) Javascript implementation?

In this case I mean, if you are the admin user on your own system, can
you make your web browser to run a more restricted version (with
functionality removed) of Javascript?

Or is it possible to include your own Javascript into the browser
library?

Or alternatively, can the browser Javascript be replaced with your own
version (or someone elses version) for any browser?

I understand that this may not be a very safe or good thing to do but
this sounds like an interesting experiment to do. So any pointers to
material on how this could be done is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

From: Ken Snyder on
On Apr 8, 7:15 am, Joe Nine <j...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Joe Nine wrote:
> Is there an equivalent of grease monkey on any other unrelated browser?

Surprisingly, all major browsers support a version of Greasemonkey:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greasemonkey#Compatibility
http://my.opera.com/Contrid/blog/2007/02/11/how-to-greasemonkey-in-opera
http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/11/14/how-to-run-greasemonkey-scripts-in-safari/
http://www.gm4ie.com/

From: Jeremy J Starcher on
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:33:49 -0700, Ken Snyder wrote:

> Surprisingly, all major browsers support a version of Greasemonkey:
>
> http://www.gm4ie.com/

This is horribly broken anymore.

I recommend http://www.ie7pro.com/

I've got the shims to fix all of the weird headaches with that.

The others on your list will do what the OP needs, but they are
incomplete.