From: David Mark on
On Jun 5, 11:08 am, Frobernik <nos...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> > "Don't worry, Kenny."
>
> Someone needs to kill Kenny (OMG) and get rid of his audience

No worries. AFAIK, he has no audience.

> > "he seems like the only sane person in this crazy world..."
>
> Sanity is inversely proportional to the amount of badly written code

Yes. Once informed, using something as appalling as qooxdoo is
clearly an insane thing to do. I read recently that the odd name is
supposed to be prounounced "cooks do". That's not far from "kooks
do". :)
From: Kenneth Tilton on
Frobernik wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
>> "Don't worry, Kenny."
>
> Someone needs to kill Kenny (OMG) and get rid of his audience
>
>> "he seems like the only sane person in this crazy world..."
>
> Sanity is inversely proportional to the amount of badly written code

What do you think of jsMath?

Wait till you see my next screen shot. Uses jsMath. You will all come
crawling to me begging forgiveness and asking to worship at my alter.

I will be gracious.

kenny

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: David Mark on
On Jun 6, 1:43 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Frobernik wrote:
> > David Mark wrote:
> >> "Don't worry, Kenny."
>
> > Someone needs to kill Kenny (OMG) and get rid of his audience
>
> >> "he seems like the only sane person in this crazy world..."
>
> > Sanity is inversely proportional to the amount of badly written code
>
> What do you think of jsMath?

Haven't looked at it. Does it have qooxdoo as a dependency? If so,
it can be dismissed out of hand.

> Wait till you see my next screen shot.

Screen shot?! I'll look at the code (if anything).

> Uses jsMath. You will all come
> crawling to me begging forgiveness and asking to worship at my alter.

Oh brother. Where did this imperious alter ego come from? It doesn't
suit you at all.

> I will be gracious.

Doesn't sound like it.
From: David Mark on
On Jun 6, 1:43 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Frobernik wrote:
> > David Mark wrote:
> >> "Don't worry, Kenny."
>
> > Someone needs to kill Kenny (OMG) and get rid of his audience
>
> >> "he seems like the only sane person in this crazy world..."
>
> > Sanity is inversely proportional to the amount of badly written code
>
> What do you think of jsMath?

Oh, jsMath. Silly me, I looked at mathjs. Still, you can't swing a
dead cat around Google Code without hitting some laughably
preposterous JS. To wit:-

"use strict";

Cargo cult copy and paste. Not a promising start.

/**
* An extension to the Array object that filters out repeated values.
* @return(Array) Returns the filtered array.
*/
if (Array.unique === undefined) {
Array.prototype.unique = function Array_unique() {

Fail (miserably). Array is a function, so the first test is nonsense
(and is followed by at least a dozen identical blunders). NFE too.
Strike three.

And up comes jsMath:-

if (!window.jsMath) {jsMath = {}}

Strikes one and two. We've already covered the first. The second is
an undeclared variable (a la Dojo). Maybe he heard they were
faster. :)

if (!jsMath.Script) {jsMath.Script = {}}

jsMath.Script.Uncompress = function (data) {
for (var k = 0; k < data.length; k++) {
var d = data[k]; var n = d.length;
for (var i = 0; i < n; i++) {if (typeof(d[i]) == 'number') {d[i] =
d[d[i]]}}
data[k] = d.join('');
}
eval(data.join(''));

He's out of there. :(

Was there a point to this Kenny? The only pattern I see is that
authors of free scripts try their damnedest to foul up everything. A
roster stocked with these things will lose 100+ games every season.
But if you refuse to learn for yourself, I guess you have no choice
but to suffer perpetual futility.
From: Kenneth Tilton on
David Mark wrote:
> On Jun 6, 1:43 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Frobernik wrote:
>>> Someone needs to kill Kenny (OMG) and get rid of his audience
>>> Sanity is inversely proportional to the amount of badly written code
>> What do you think of jsMath?
>>

> Oh, jsMath. Silly me, I looked at mathjs. Still, you can't swing a
> dead cat around Google Code without hitting some laughably
> preposterous JS. To wit:-
>
> "use strict";
>

> Cargo cult copy and paste. Not a promising start.
>

> /**
> * An extension to the Array object that filters out repeated values.
> * @return(Array) Returns the filtered array.
> */
> if (Array.unique === undefined) {
> Array.prototype.unique = function Array_unique() {
>

> Fail (miserably). Array is a function, so the first test is nonsense
> (and is followed by at least a dozen identical blunders). NFE too.
> Strike three.
>
> And up comes jsMath:-
>
> if (!window.jsMath) {jsMath = {}}
>

> Strikes one and two. We've already covered the first. The second is
> an undeclared variable (a la Dojo). Maybe he heard they were
> faster. :)
>

> if (!jsMath.Script) {jsMath.Script = {}}
>
> jsMath.Script.Uncompress = function (data) {
> for (var k = 0; k < data.length; k++) {
> var d = data[k]; var n = d.length;
> for (var i = 0; i < n; i++) {if (typeof(d[i]) == 'number') {d[i] =
> d[d[i]]}}
> data[k] = d.join('');
> }
> eval(data.join(''));
>

> He's out of there. :(
>
> Was there a point to this Kenny?

Yeah, I have now created a wysiwyg maths editor for web applications,
with TeX-quality typesetting. Using jsMath.

Oh, and the author of jsMath (now being succeeded by MathJax, to support
MathML) is pretty cool, does very good work, and does so without being a
jerk about it.

> The only pattern I see is that
> authors of free scripts try their damnedest to foul up everything. A
> roster stocked with these things will lose 100+ games every season.
> But if you refuse to learn for yourself, I guess you have no choice
> but to suffer perpetual futility.

I'll come crawling back here when I need your help. :)

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
Macworld
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Simple question