From: Osher Doctorow on
From Osher Doctorow

From the last subsection 405.3, two posts, charge (Q), Length (L),
Time (T) have respectively two expansive vs contractive or repulsive
vs attractive dimensions each, giving 6 paired Fundamental Dimensions:

1) Q1, Q2, L1, L2, T1, T2

In looking at the two remaining Fundamental Dimensions, Mass (M) and
Temperature (theta), Mass is usually associated with Gravitational
Attraction, so we can define:

2) M1 = Attractive/Contractive Mass (one or the other or both)

While there are some rather rare theories of Repulsive Mass, this has
not yet generally been accepted, but Repulsive Energy has been
accepted:

3) E2 = Repulsive (Dark) Energy

We therefore define:

4) M2 = E2 (Repulsive/Expansive Mass) at least up to magnitude

The condition "at least up to magnitude" prevents the units of Energy
from conflicting with those of Mass.

Presumbably, "Attractive Energy E1" would coincide with Attractive
Mass (M1).

We now have 9 Fundamental Dimensions:

5) Q1, Q2, L1, L2, T1, T2, M1, M2, theta.

If we can find directionality in theta, then we are almost there -
presumably at 10 dimensions, if we can associate a pairing with it.
Note that it is not fair to argue that theta can be increasing versus
decreasing as separate dimensions, because all the other dimensions
can similarly be increasing or decreasing in and of themselves without
being split into further dimensions.

Are there any clues about theta? The two opposite extremes, very
high theta and 0 theta in Kelvins, may give a clue as to very
different regimes of physics. But we also know that theta-based
entropy versus information-based entropy tends to be favored by
theorists toward the latter. That is VERY close to Probable
Causation/Influence (PI), which has two directionalities:

6) P1(A, B) = P(A-->B)
7) P2(A, B) = P(B-->A)

and likewise for P ' (A-->B), P ' (B-->A) as alternative forms.
Alternatively, we have recently discussed in this thread the
possibility of distinguishing between P(A--->B) where the arrow
indicates Repulsion or Expansion and P(A<--B) where the arrow
indicates Attraction or Contraction. So we will think about these
possibilities to complete the 10 Fundamental Dimensions.

Osher Doctorow

From: Sherman Forte on

"Osher Doctorow" <osherdoctorow87(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> From Osher Doctorow

QUACK ! QUACK !!