From: Viresh KUMAR on
Hello,

We have Synopsys Designware DMAC Controller on ST SPEAr13xx platform.
When i run dmatest for all 8 channels then i see following error some times.

"dma dma0chan7: BUG: All descriptors done, but channel not idle!"

I saw the code in driver, and i think it looks to be a known issue for this
peripheral, that's why special handling is done in driver.

Can somebody please confirm, if it a known issue or not? Or if there
are some solutions for this problem.

viresh.
From: Viresh KUMAR on
On 6/18/2010 7:22 PM, Haavard Skinnemoen wrote:
> Viresh KUMAR <viresh.kumar(a)st.com> wrote:
>> Can somebody please confirm, if it a known issue or not? Or if there
>> are some solutions for this problem.
>
> I'm not aware of any such issue. The code was added as a purely
> defensive thing; when writing it, I just thought about what might
> happen if we go through all our descriptors without finding the current
> one, and added some code to report the issue and try to recover.
>
> I suppose it might be caused by some issue with the peripheral itself,
> but I think it's more likely to be caused by some race condition in the
> driver, i.e. something goes wrong when inserting or removing
> descriptors in the chain.
>
> What might be very good to know at this point is the value of
> the llp variable, and perhaps also the value of the CH_EN register to
> see if the channel is idle or not.

Thanks Haavard,

Will debug it further.

viresh.