From: Deep on
Dear Friends

Please see it
I want query

Table name emp
A B C D
vivek vinod randhir Delhi
vivek vinod randhir patna
vivek vinod randhir Kolkata
vivek vinod randhir Madras

I want record like
Vivek vinod randhir Delhi,patna,Kolkata,Madras

From: --CELKO-- on
constraints, Declarative Referential Integrity, data types, etc. in
your schema are. If you know how, follow ISO-11179 data element naming
conventions and formatting rules. Temporal data should use ISO-8601
formats. Code should be in Standard SQL as much as possible and not
local dialect.

Sample data is also a good idea, along with clear specifications. It
is very hard to debug code when you do not let us see it. If you want
to learn how to ask a question on a Newsgroup, look at:

If you don't know anything about RDBMS, then get a copy of the
simplest intro book I know --
http://www.amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Databases-Mana-Takahashi
/dp/1593271905

Why do you wish to destroy First Normal Form (1NF) with a concatenated
list structure? Normal forms are the foundation of RDBMS, after
all.

Why are you formatting data in the back end? The basic principle of a
tiered architecture is that display is done in the front end and never
in the back end. This is a more basic programming principle than just
SQL and RDBMS.

Get a reporting tool so you can do a sort for your lists and lay them
out on paper or a screen in a way that a human being can read them.
From: Tom Cooper on
Various ways to do this can be found at
http://www.projectdmx.com/tsql/rowconcatenate.aspx
Tom

From: Plamen Ratchev on
Here are different methods to handle that:
http://www.projectdmx.com/tsql/rowconcatenate.aspx

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com
From: Tony Rogerson on
> Why do you wish to destroy First Normal Form (1NF) with a concatenated
> list structure? Normal forms are the foundation of RDBMS, after
> all.

It is quite clear that the OP is after the set that is
{Delhi,patna,Kolkata,Madras}, the composite key for that set are the
attributes A, B and C.

If normalised we would indeed classify that as a repeating group for sure,
however, the OP is clearly after a result and already has the source table
in 1NF.

Normal Form has nothing what so ever to do with SQL, SQL is simply a poorly
written abstraction later across the Relational Model.

I believe ISO 2008 has the ability to hold non scalar data types now which
is a move in the right direction, I'll check in the week - seeing if I can
get it through the university before forking out buying it.

--ROGGIE--