From: Ed Howland on
Steven,

How closely does the env-js gem follow the docs for the Rhino based
project? For instance: window.location="some.html" that has a script
tag that loads jquery.js, seems to be loading that external file. The
server logs a GET for it anyhow, and it seems to be live within
evaluates.

But the docs say you must explicity load them.

Cheers,
Ed

Ed Howland
http://greenprogrammer.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/ed_howland

From: Steven Parkes on

On Feb 13, 2010, at Feb 13,11:23 AM , Ed Howland wrote:

> How closely does the env-js gem follow the docs for the Rhino based
> project?

Uh ... moderately? I didn't purposefully break anything and I run all the (old) tests. But our old test coverage wasn't so hot (a big focus area right now), so things may have gotten broken inadvertently.

> For instance: window.location="some.html" that has a script
> tag that loads jquery.js, seems to be loading that external file. The
> server logs a GET for it anyhow, and it seems to be live within
> evaluates.
>
> But the docs say you must explicity load them.

Ah, right. I've been a bit fast and loose about that. The default in the gem is to allow javascript to be loaded, which is not the default on the main branch. This needs to be reconciled. I'll probably switch back to making it not be a default, but I imagine adding support for an .envjsrc file so that I can set default options on a per-project basis rather than in every file loaded.

There may be other differences in this area, too. I need env.js to function pretty much as a browser and if I recall, there are cases where the master fork didn't allow certain combinations of local/remote/etc. Again, all planned to be reconciled, but currently the master fork is undergoing a lot of rework, so that's on hold.

Follow-ups might be better to http://groups.google.com/group/envjs?