From: David McGlone on
On Thursday 10 June 2010 11:16:08 tedd wrote:
> At 9:32 AM -0400 6/10/10, Paul M Foster wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 07:03:28AM -0400, tedd wrote:
> > > This is one of those questions that you can test very easily, just
> >>
> >> initialize an array and try it.
> >
> >+1
> >
> >This is Tedd's modus operandi. His website(s) are full of exactly this
> >type of thing. And I have to agree. I can't count the number of
> >questions I *haven't* asked on this list, because I built a page to test
> >a particular concept. And this sort of activity (as opposed to just
> >reading about something) really locks in your understanding of a
> >concept.
> >
> >Paul
>
> Paul:
>
> Now, if I could get the old memory to "lock in" and remember it, it
> would be great!
>
> I spend much of my time thinking "Did I do that before?"

Looks like you and I are in the same boat! My memory these days has went to
the dumps.

Although I do the same thing Paul does to actually grasp a more in depth
understanding of something, sometimes in a day or two it's often forgotten.

--
Blessings,
David M.
From: tedd on
At 3:46 PM -0400 6/10/10, Paul M Foster wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:16:08AM -0400, tedd wrote:
>
> > I spend much of my time thinking "Did I do that before?"
>
><grin> I know the feeling. I will say this, though. I have yet to figure
>out, from your URLs, how your site(s) is/are organized. Maybe a reorg
>would help?
>
>Paul

Paul:

Unfortunately, I really don't follow an organization plan for my
demos on any of my sites (well over a dozen now).

Please understand that when I started creating demos, I only wanted
to see how a specific thing worked. I had no idea that this
investigation would become a giant listing of stuff.

I could explain how I can easily create demos if you want, but it's
pretty basic stuff using includes for a common header/footer files
leaving only the specific of the topic to be added. The hard part is
just finding a layout that you like -- after that it's pretty easy to
duplicate it each time you want to demo something.

I will be updating my sperling.com soon to add in language specific
code (php/css/js) -- and that *will* be organized into categories.
However, that may be down the road because I have a few other
pressing matters that are pulling me in several different directions.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------