From: Harishankar on
I am trying to use Python curses.textpad to get (preferably UTF-8 but
not needed) input from the user in a python curses application, but I
realize that it is extremely limited and doesn't allow me to specify an
existing text to edit. Also it doesn't seem to provide scrolling
abilities on the window.

Is this at all possible to get a large chunk of text using curses
module like a GUI textbox or should I look at alternatives like newt?

I prefer curses because it's simple and very flexible, but I am lost
for ideas on this. Any ideas which doesn't involve throwing away the
whole curses interface would be appreciated.

--
V.Harishankar

http://literaryforums.org
http://harishankar.org