From: John Corliss on
No QT wrote:
> What's actually alternative about Quick Time Alternative?
> It contains Apple stuff, fucks up streaming protocol associations and
> is a gigantic piece of bloatware.
>
> No QT

While installing it, don't select any associations. It's been a while
since I've installed it, but I think you have that choice. Also, you can
open the Quicktime Settings module, select the File Types tab and
uncheckmark all of the file types.

Quicktime Alternative doesn't nag you to upgrade to the pro version of
Quicktime.

HTH.

--
Regards from John Corliss. I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett.
No ad, cd, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, PROmotion, share, spy,
From: aafuss on

No QT wrote:
> What's actually alternative about Quick Time Alternative?
> It contains Apple stuff, fucks up streaming protocol associations and
> is a gigantic piece of bloatware.
>
> No QT

Babya Quicktime Studio isn't bloatware unlike QTA.

From: Pete B on
In article <b4she2hj5v1nhdl2fsms1ggfgort0ke4n5(a)4ax.com>, noqt-noqt-
noqt(a)pear.com says...
> What's actually alternative about Quick Time Alternative?

They just hope Apple doesn't notice ;)