From: Alexey Borzov on
Hi,

As some of you probably noticed, we made a new release of HTML_QuickForm2 after
a 2 year pause. The new release has Groups and Renderers implemented and thus is
a large step towards porting all the features of current QuickForm 3.x

The new Renderers may also have plugins, this will allow creating elements like
current "advmultiselect" without having to duplicate complex rendering logic in
the element itself.

If anyone already tried to use the new features, don't hesitate to give feedback.

There are changes to Rules implementation in current SVN, allowing to leverage
existing Rules for validating Containers / Groups:

$group->addRule('required', 'At least two fields are required', 2);
$group->addRule('each', 'The fields should contain only letters',
$group->createRule('regex', '/^[a-z]+$/i'));

There are also (not-quite-backwards-compatible) changes to setting Rule
configuration, so if someone is using custom Rule classes with QuickForm2, I
strongly suggest reviewing current SVN.

Another feature planned for the next release (0.4.0) is a port of
HTML_QuickForm_Controller (it won't be a subpackage anymore). Some ideas for the
port are outlined in the wiki, but if you have ideas that we missed please don't
hesitate to mention them: http://quickform.mamasam.com/wiki/doku.php?id=controller

The last remaining big feature (for after 0.4.0) is Client-side validation, and
there currently isn't even a good plan for this. Suggestions are welcome.