From: CharlesL on
Hello, I have a series of 50+ RDL files that had to get srestored from a
data drive, and I don't have the original .VS solution that created them -
the reports all use different data sources. Is there a quick way to
dynamically change the name of the SQL server they are pointed to?

From: Patrice on
Any decent editor able to open 50 documents and being able to do a
search/replace especially if it has regular expression (perhaps Notepad++)
or a tool such as http://www.replsoft.com/replacer.html

In the worst case you could do it yourself programmatically (for example
once the reports are uploaded you could programmatically change them uses
SSRS web services or yet anohter option would be to work directly on the XML
RDL files) but it could take a bit longer IMO especially if you are
unfamiliar with those programming models..

BTW have you open those ? Are you sure the server name is in those files ?
The model we are always using is that the report just references a separate
data source file...

--
Patrice

"CharlesL" <charlesl(a)pinalcountyaz.gov> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : #ciPMJsxKHA.4752(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...