From: nick on
On Apr 23, 12:23 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> nick wrote:
> > Try using setAttribute() instead of attribute property shortcuts.
> What makes you think that will make a difference?

My understanding of attribute property shortcuts is that they only
work for some predefined properties, but not everything. So if you
create an 'a' node and give the object an 'href' property, the element
will have an 'href' attribute, but if you give it a 'foo' property,
the element will not have a 'foo' attribute. Am I mistaken about this?
From: VK on
On Apr 23, 10:04 pm, nick <nick...(a)fastmail.fm> wrote:
> My understanding of attribute property shortcuts is that they only
> work for some predefined properties, but not everything. So if you
> create an 'a' node and give the object an 'href' property, the element
> will have an 'href' attribute, but if you give it a 'foo' property,
> the element will not have a 'foo' attribute. Am I mistaken about this?

Not really. Overall you are right. This is the difference between the
one who's name should not be spelled and the others. Surely you can
set any attributes you like, the difference arises when reading them
back. This is what clj will take of soon:
1) JavaScript engines' alone bugs and peculiarities (so not even
alert, confirm and stuff stuff)
2) JS 2 DOM communication bugs and peculiarities (this there your
question is)
3) DOM implementations' bugs and peculiarities (an endless story)
as sofar it is a total mishmash here - good for trolling - but not
good for any creative activity.