From: Owl on
Sorry I have taken so long to reply to this and your next message. Firstly I
am not getting notification emails of replies (although I always click the
Notifiy me of replies) and secondly I spent ages looking for this post
(searching on the exact words of the heading as I had recorded it, then
searching on parts of it, etc) and it didn't come up. Then when I had given
up on that and was looking at other entries, suddenly Hey Presto! it was
there!

That would be great, because that is exactly what I want to do - to exit
Access AND the database.

From: Owl on
As regards your first question: "Is there an
object whose design you have modified and can't save?", No there isn't
anything like that.

As regards your second question: "What happens if you open the database with
no other objects open except a simple unbound form that has only a button
that invokes your Quit macro. Does it still fail?", I will try that.

From: Owl on
I did what you asked and opened the database with
no other objects open except a simple unbound form that has only a button
that invokes your Quit macro. It worked. However, I need the macro to run
from the switchboard.

Thank you for any further help.

From: Owl on
It didn't help. I am still not getting email notifications. Does anyone
know what I can do?

Thanks for any help.

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Don't waste any time trying to get it to work.

Microsoft's web interface to these newsgroups has never really worked
properly, so even if you managed to get it working today, there's no
guarantee it'll work tomorrow.

And the fact that Microsoft is dropping these newsgroups in favour of new
web-based forums makes it even more futile to worry about it! <g>

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele