From: Claus Assmann on
Hugo Villeneuve wrote:

> sendmail is funny that way. Most other openssl based tool I used, accept
> any client certificate provided. But sendmail limits client certificate
> only to children of some specified CA.

Can you please provide an example for this?

I've never seen this kind of problem; AFAICT sendmail accepts any
client certificate. Your client might have a problem however, as
sendmail includes a list of "acceptable" certs in the TLS handshake
(using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list()) as explained in op.me:

The file specified via CACertFile can contain several certificates
of CAs. The DNs of these certificates are sent to the client
during the TLS handshake (as part of the CertificateRequest) as
the list of acceptable CAs.

This server side behaviour should be the same with most MTAs (as I
sometimes check the STARTTLS code in other open source software).
From: Ole Hansen on
Scott wrote:
> I was fighting this issue today, found the answer at:
> http://warthog9.dreamwidth.org/25503.html
>
> -Scott

Absolutely fascinating analysis. Thanks so much for posting the link.

Ole
From: David Carvalho on
Thank you very much for the replies. Sometimes I have some difficulties when
trying to post...

I'll modify sendmail.mc to use a smaller ca-bundle.crt file and then
compile it. I'll test this Monday and I'll post the results.
Thank you very much for all the replies.
David

From: David Carvalho on
it worked !
I copied the default /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt to
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.sendmail.crt,
reduced its size from about 650KB to 270KB, used make -C /etc/mail to
generate
the new sendmail.cf. Restarted Sendmail and the result was immediate.
I've teste only in one client but I guess everthing should be working fine
(if not, I'll be back :) )
Thank you all very much.