From: joblack on
I'm trying to get the first MAC address from the ipconfig /all output.
Unfortunately you can't just search for Physical Address because the
name is only valid in the English Windows version.

Here a test which isn't working:

import subprocess
import re
p = subprocess.Popen('ipconfig /all', shell = True, stdout
=subprocess.PIPE)
p.wait()
rawtxt = p.stdout.read()
print rawtxt
p = re.findall(r'(%X%X-){5}%X%X',rawtxt)
print p

Any ideas?
From: Tim Pinkawa on
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM, joblack <johannes.black(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get the first MAC address from the ipconfig /all output.
> Unfortunately you can't just search for Physical Address because the
> name is only valid in the English Windows version.

> Any ideas?

(accidentally sent original to Johannes only)

This filters out all the false positives on my machine (Windows 7 x64 English):

import subprocess
import re
p = subprocess.Popen('ipconfig /all', shell = True, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
p.wait()
rawtxt = p.stdout.read()
print rawtxt

p = re.findall(r'\s([0-9A-F-]{17})\s',rawtxt)
print p

Tim
From: joblack on
Great - seems to work =) ...