From: Yannick on
I tnink you're talking about the "local_recipient_maps =" setting but if I do not use it, I get a " Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table" and the mail is not forwarded.

And, with this setting (just empty), user localy existing (in the /etc/password) are receiving their mail on the new server (on the frontend)

I understand your raction but it works !

Thanks Reinaldo.

_________________________________
De : owner-postfix-users(a)postfix.org [owner-postfix-users(a)postfix.org] de la part de Reinaldo de Carvalho [reinaldoc(a)gmail.com]
Date d'envoi : lundi 3 mai 2010 00:26
À : Postfix
Objet : Re: RE : How to forward mail when mailbox not localy existing

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Yannick <yannick(a)campana.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot to all of you (Ralf, Stefano and Appliantologist) for your great support !!!
>
> I think I'll use the Ralf solution as I don't have to maintain any additional list , by just putting:
>
> luser_relay = $user@[IP_address_of_old_server]
> local_recipient_maps =
>
> All the mailbox not yet localy created on the new server will be forwarded to the old.

Please, don't turn off (local) recipient checking.

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

"Don't try to adapt the software to the way you work, but rather
yourself to the way the software works" (myself)
From: mouss on
Yannick a �crit :
> I tnink you're talking about the "local_recipient_maps =" setting but if I do not use it, I get a " Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table" and the mail is not forwarded.
>
> And, with this setting (just empty), user localy existing (in the /etc/password) are receiving their mail on the new server (on the frontend)
>
> I understand your raction but it works !

now test by sending mail to a user that doesn't exists (nor locally nor
on the "internal" server). chances are this will generate a bounce
message. if so, then you are a source of backscatter and you may be
blacklisted.

search the web for "backscatter" and you'll see why it's bad.

From: Noel Jones on
On 5/2/2010 5:41 PM, Yannick wrote:
> I tnink you're talking about the "local_recipient_maps =" setting but if I do not use it, I get a " Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table" and the mail is not forwarded.
>
> And, with this setting (just empty), user localy existing (in the /etc/password) are receiving their mail on the new server (on the frontend)
>
> I understand your raction but it works !

It works, except that your queue will be filled with
undeliverable bounces to nonexistant spammer addresses, and
you will eventually get blacklisted as a backscatter source.

If you want to use luser_relay, make a single hash list of ALL
your valid users, regardless of where they are delivered, and
point local_recipient_maps at that list.

On today's internet a design that accepts mail to any address
and then generates a bounce for the undeliverables is just
irresponsible. A design that accepts mail to any address and
then discards undeliverables (or sends them to a catch-all,
which isn't much different) is a little better; at least that
way you only screw yourself and not innocent bystanders.

The way to fix your design is to create a list of all your
valid recipients.

I suppose you could use reject_unverified_recipient if you're
unable to create a list.
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html#recipient

-- Noel Jones

From: "Stefano L." on

On Sun, 02 May 2010 18:08:25 -0500, Noel Jones <njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org>
wrote:

> It works, except that your queue will be filled with
> undeliverable bounces to nonexistant spammer addresses, and
> you will eventually get blacklisted as a backscatter source.

Thank you Noel, I understood. So also my suggestion is not a good idea
because, as I just tested, the bounce is generated by the second server and
goes then back all the way to the original user as a bounce. I will change
my configuration too.

Regards,
Stefano L.