From: Alex Hall on
Thanks for the suggestion. It turns out that the problem was a copy of
fowprof.dll, or something like that, which win7 included in my
compiled program's dir. I was testing the program on xp, which has its
own version of this dll, so deleting the dll from the dir solved it.

On 4/29/10, alex23 <wuwei23(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Alex Hall <mehg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am stumped. The compiled version of my project works on my pc, but
>> when I put it on a thumb drive and try it on a laptop without python
>> installed I get this:
>> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> Are you using py2exe? If so, are you including the necessary MS
> runtime dll[1]?
>
> 1: http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step5

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)