From: Joe Perches on
On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 20:07 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> Would it be an idea to also get rid of all the trailing spaces in printks?
>
> If you'd prefer a separate patch, I can do it.

(cc:s trimmed)

I think it's useful, though like all of these cleanups,
a low priority. I suggest you submit a few through to
various maintainers and see what happens.

(with false positives for asm and such)
$ grep -rP --include=*.[ch] "\s+\\\n" * | wc -l
7339

There are probably a couple of thousand wasted bytes in
an allyesconfig image and rather more in various logs on
any number of systems.