From: Jonathan Corbet on
So this is the second series of viafb patches - the stuff that I was really
working toward since the beginning. They depend on the previously-posted
first series. What's added here is a big refactoring of the driver to
split its functions apart and the addition of code for GPIO, interrupt,
DMA, and camera management.

Florian, I incorporated your indexed port I/O patch, since it was an
obvious improvement and I was reworking that stuff anyway.

Note that the camera driver (the last in the series) is not yet ready for
submission; I add it here for completeness.

The full series of patches can be pulled from:

git://git.lwn.net/linux-2.6.git viafb-posted

Some of this stuff is disruptive, and I only have one machine to test it
all on, so I'd really appreciate it if folks with other types of hardware
could try them out.

Florian Tobias Schandinat (1):
viafb: package often used basic io functions

Jonathan Corbet (12):
viafb: Move core stuff into via-core.c
viafb: Separate global and fb-specific data
viafb: add a driver for GPIO lines
viafb: Convert GPIO and i2c to the new indexed port ops
viafb: Turn GPIO and i2c into proper platform devices
via: Do not attempt I/O on inactive I2C adapters
viafb: Introduce viafb_find_i2c_adapter()
via: Rationalize vt1636 detection
viafb: Add a simple interrupt management infrastructure
viafb: Add a simple VX855 DMA engine driver
viafb: Reserve framebuffer memory for the upcoming camera driver
viafb: Add a driver for the video capture engine

drivers/video/Kconfig | 12
drivers/video/via/Makefile | 7
drivers/video/via/accel.c | 30
drivers/video/via/dvi.c | 6
drivers/video/via/global.c | 2
drivers/video/via/global.h | 1
drivers/video/via/hw.c | 152 ----
drivers/video/via/hw.h | 12
drivers/video/via/lcd.c | 12
drivers/video/via/via-camera.c | 1399 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/video/via/via-camera.h | 93 ++
drivers/video/via/via-core.c | 641 ++++++++++++++++++
drivers/video/via/via-core.h | 173 ++++
drivers/video/via/via-gpio.c | 289 ++++++++
drivers/video/via/via-gpio.h | 12
drivers/video/via/via_i2c.c | 159 +++-
drivers/video/via/via_i2c.h | 25
drivers/video/via/via_io.h | 58 +