From: barbw on
There was a thread here in April 2006 about this system tray icon. Did
the original poster (kramer.newsreader(a)gmail.com) discover what it was
and how to remove it? I'd like to get rid of it as well. Thanks.

From: Malke on
barbw(a)despammed.com wrote:

> There was a thread here in April 2006 about this system tray icon. Did
> the original poster (kramer.newsreader(a)gmail.com) discover what it was
> and how to remove it? I'd like to get rid of it as well. Thanks.

The way to find out the answer to your question is to go to Google Groups
and use Advanced Search. Constrain the search to this newsgroup if you are
sure this is where the post you want was -
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general - and also constrain the time period.

You can also search Google Web for "ROXIO_USBDAPP" and that will probably
produce some good results for you.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers
From: barbw on
Malke wrote:
> The way to find out the answer to your question is to go to Google Groups
> and use Advanced Search. Constrain the search to this newsgroup if you are
> sure this is where the post you want was -
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general - and also constrain the time period.

That is how I found the original thread with the subject line "Unkown
[sic] System Tray Icon". The poster intended to contact Roxio about
the icon, but there was no follow-up post with the solution. I was
hoping he or she had found one.

From: Malke on
barbw(a)despammed.com wrote:

> Malke wrote:
>> The way to find out the answer to your question is to go to Google Groups
>> and use Advanced Search. Constrain the search to this newsgroup if you
>> are sure this is where the post you want was -
>> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general - and also constrain the time period.
>
> That is how I found the original thread with the subject line "Unkown
> [sic] System Tray Icon". The poster intended to contact Roxio about
> the icon, but there was no follow-up post with the solution. I was
> hoping he or she had found one.

I see. In that case, the Google Groups Advanced Search is the way to go. If
there were replies to the OP, they would be found there.

Malke
From: Mr Alun Davies on

<barbw(a)despammed.com> wrote in message
> There was a thread here in April 2006 about this system tray icon. Did
> the original poster (kramer.newsreader(a)gmail.com) discover what it was
> and how to remove it? I'd like to get rid of it as well. Thanks.

Read through
http://www.pcbanter.net/archive/index.php/t-879529-Unkown-System-Tray-Icon.html