From: Gregory G Rose on
In article <daba73$97$1(a)driftwood.ccs.carleton.ca>,
Jean-Luc Cooke <jlcooke(a)engsoc.org> wrote:
>There are papers online showing the results of reverse engineering the
>RSA SecureID. In short, it uses a variant of RC4 to mangle serial
>number, and GMT time from a quartz crystal. The reverse engineering
>showed it to be a goo ddesign assuming there are no serious flaws in
>RC4. Which to my knowledge, the public doesn't know of any.

The Brainerd hash algorithm used has nothing to do
with RC4, and has been shown to suffer collisions
that reveal many key bits. Alex Biryukov was one
of the authors of that work, IIRC.

Greg.
--
Greg Rose
232B EC8F 44C6 C853 D68F E107 E6BF CD2F 1081 A37C