From: Intransition on

On Apr 27, 8:01 am, Brian Candler <b.cand...(a)pobox.com> wrote:
> It's pretty reasonable to use eval in the code you provide. I think the
> method it defines will be faster because there is no closure created.

+1

In cases like this, when you can use a string eval, it is usually the
best approach. There are cases where you cannot do this b/c you need
access to a local variable.

From: kevid on
Thanks all.

Brian Candle solution just did for me.

Please, not to be asking too much, I need to make use of "Hpricot gem"
files. I don't want to install it as a gem. I copied lib/hpricot/*{all
files} and lib/hpricot.rb to my application.

below is lib/hpricot.rb

begin
require 'encoding/character/utf-8'
rescue LoadError
end

#require 'hpricot_scan'
require 'hpricot/tag'
require 'hpricot/modules'
require 'hpricot/traverse'
require 'hpricot/inspect'
require 'hpricot/parse'
require 'hpricot/builder'

ALL files loaded properly except "hpricot_scan". i can't find anything
like hpricot_scan.rb in the gem's folder.

Any help is highly appreciated.

From: Roger Pack on

> ALL files loaded properly except "hpricot_scan". i can't find anything
> like hpricot_scan.rb in the gem's folder.

doing a
$ gem which hpricot_scan

might help you locate it.
-rp

From: kevid on
On Apr 27, 6:27 pm, Roger Pack <rogerpack2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > ALL files loaded properly except "hpricot_scan". i can't find anything
> > like hpricot_scan.rb in the gem's folder.
>
> doing a
> $ gem which hpricot_scan
>
> might help you locate it.
> -rp

thanks,,

But this provided "hpricot_scan.so" {i.e /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/
hpricot-0.8.2/lib/hpricot_scan.so }

I have added this file but no luck