From: dlzc on
On Dec 20, 5:38 pm, HW@..(Henry Wilson DSc). wrote:
> There are still some people here who believe
> that a radio wave is of similar nature to a
> gamma particle and consists of a single photon.

There are some people here that think that photons are like water
molecules, and collections of photons (aka. waves) are like water
waves.

Oh, right. That's "Henry Wilson, Doctor of Scatology"

David A. Smith
From: Inertial on
"Henry Wilson DSc." <HW@..> wrote in message
> There are still some people here who believe that a radio wave is of
> similar
> nature to a gamma particle and consists of a single photon.

Yeup .. everyone who understand EMR. They are all photons and all just EMR.
The only difference is the frequency range.

> Others think it is
> a Maxwellian type wave in an aether. How naive.

Most think that photons are quantum 'objects' with wave-like and
particle-like properties

> I suggest that a radio wave is made by modulating the emission rate of a
> great
> many 'white' photons.

BAHAHAHAHA .. 'white photons' !!!!

If you are talking about using radio frequency EMR (ie photons) to transmit
signals, then the frequency or amplitude of the EMR is indeed modulated by a
signal .. but there is nothing that requires these to be radio frequencies
or 'radio waves'. You can do that with any suitable frequency carrier.

> The 'wave' is determined by varying the photon energy
> density and is projected over a wide angle at c wrt the broadcasting
> antenna.

You really are confused between radio waves themselves, and the transmission
of signals by modulating the waves.

From: Androcles on

"Henry Wilson DSc ." <HW@..> wrote in message
> There are still some people here who believe that a radio wave is of
> similar
> nature to a gamma particle and consists of a single photon. Others think
> it is
> a Maxwellian type wave in an aether. How naive.
>
> I suggest that a radio wave is made by modulating the emission rate of a
> great
> many 'white' photons. The 'wave' is determined by varying the photon
> energy
> density and is projected over a wide angle at c wrt the broadcasting
> antenna.

Two radio waves overlapping:
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rephoton.gif

All the energy radiates North and South, none East and West.
You can model this in BASIC, changing the phase and separation
of the circles and choose for yourself what angle the energy will
radiate. It's quite simple,

Subroutine radiate(x,y, phase, wavelength)
; draw concentric circles
for radius = phase to (half window width) step wavelength
draw circle(x,y, radius)
next count
return

for count = 0 to wavelength

{
CLS
; Now call radiate twice
radiate(x,y, count) ; first circle
radiate(x+a, y, count+phase) ; second circle offset centre by 'a'
}

Androcles' third law:
For every photon there is an equal and opposite rephoton.

To radiate a photon pair all you need is a spark between the centres.
Radio waves have a continuous sinusoidal energy pump, photons
are single sparks. Atoms are bipolar, a positive nucleus and
a negative electron. A quantum energy level jump is a spark.
We can pick and choose radio frequency but Nature chooses photon
frequency.

From: Inertial on

> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:59:56 +1100, "Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"Henry Wilson DSc." <HW@..> wrote in message
>>> There are still some people here who believe that a radio wave is of
>>> similar
>>> nature to a gamma particle and consists of a single photon.
>>
>>Yeup .. everyone who understand EMR. They are all photons and all just
>>EMR.
>>The only difference is the frequency range.
>
> geez, you're clever today...
>
>>> Others think it is
>>> a Maxwellian type wave in an aether. How naive.
>>
>>Most think that photons are quantum 'objects' with wave-like and
>>particle-like properties
>
> geez, you're clever today...
>
>>> I suggest that a radio wave is made by modulating the emission rate of a
>>> great
>>> many 'white' photons.
>>
>>BAHAHAHAHA .. 'white photons' !!!!
>
> geez, you're clueless today...
>
>>If you are talking about using radio frequency EMR (ie photons) to
>>transmit
>>signals, then the frequency or amplitude of the EMR is indeed modulated by
>>signal .. but there is nothing that requires these to be radio frequencies
>>or 'radio waves'. You can do that with any suitable frequency carrier.
>
> What gives the carrier its wavelength or frequency?
>
>>> The 'wave' is determined by varying the photon energy
>>> density and is projected over a wide angle at c wrt the broadcasting
>>> antenna.
>>
>>You really are confused between radio waves themselves, and the
>>transmission
>>of signals by modulating the waves.
>
> geez, you're clever today...

Glad you've noticed. Though I'm clever every day, so it surprising that you
did.

From: Androcles on

> On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:55:35 -0800 (PST), dlzc <dlzc1(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
>>On Dec 20, 5:38 pm, HW@..(Henry Wilson DSc). wrote:
>>> There are still some people here who believe
>>> that a radio wave is of similar nature to a
>>> gamma particle and consists of a single photon.
>>
>>There are some people here that think that photons are like water
>>molecules, and collections of photons (aka. waves) are like water
>>waves.
>
> There are apparently NO people here who have any idea what a radio wave is
> made
> of.

Are you saying I'm not a people?

There are NO ozzie sheep shagging Neanderthals here who have any idea what
a radio wave is made of.