From: The Rook on
I am wanting to generate random numbers from 1 to 20 in cells A1 to A20, but
have no duplicates.

How can I do this?
From: Jacob Skaria on
Watch out this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoK9kq-0uXg

--
Jacob

From: Bob I on
place 1 - 20 in column A, in column B put RAND(), select a1:b2, Sort on
column B.

From: Mike H on
Hi,

You can use this macro

Sub Liminal()
Dim FillRange As Range
Set FillRange = Range("A1:A20")
For Each c In FillRange
Do
c.Value = (20 * Rnd) + 1
Loop Until WorksheetFunction.CountIf(FillRange, c.Value) < 2
Next
End Sub
--
Mike

question.

From: James Silverton on
Mike wrote on Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:05:01 -0700:

> You can use this macro

> Sub Liminal()
> Dim FillRange As Range
> Set FillRange = Range("A1:A20")
> For Each c In FillRange
> Do
> c.Value = (20 * Rnd) + 1
> Loop Until WorksheetFunction.CountIf(FillRange, c.Value) < 2
> Next
> End Sub
> --
> Mike

> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the
> hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still
> sufficiently answering the question.

Come on Mike, William of Ockham said essentially that a long time ago
:-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland