From: msnyc07 on
I have a script that I'd like to run randomly between X and Y minutes.

Is there a way to make a small function to call that function randomly in
that time frame? Ideally I could also push yet another random # into it.

Thanks in advance.
From: Mike H on
Hi,

There are several ways of initiating this, here's one. assuming your
'script' is called MySub then to gererate the random number of minutes we use
the formula

x=Int((upperbound - lowerbound + 1) * Rnd + lowerbound)

where you substitute upperbound and lowerbound with the upper and lower
minutes. So the code looks like this and when run once it will recursively
call itself every x minutes.

Sub MySub()

'Your Code

x = Int((10 - 1 + 1) * Rnd + 1)
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:" & x & " :00"), "MySub"
End Sub
--
Mike

question.