From: Ram on
Is there a way I can ratelimit messages on sender id.

Off late I have seen that my spamtraps are being thrashed by random
yahoo or hotmail sender (forged ) mails .. all identical fake pharmacy
spams.
Infact I get upto 300 connections a minute for a singe mailbox and that
takes up all the smtpd processes on the machine

I tried blocking the from id and the spam-bot changes the id in the very
next hour

Is there a way I can auto ratelimi mails on from-id

Thanks
Ram

From: Wietse Venema on
Ram:
> Is there a way I can ratelimit messages on sender id.
>
> Off late I have seen that my spamtraps are being thrashed by random
> yahoo or hotmail sender (forged ) mails .. all identical fake pharmacy
> spams.
> Infact I get upto 300 connections a minute for a singe mailbox and that
> takes up all the smtpd processes on the machine
>

> I tried blocking the from id and the spam-bot changes the id in the very
> next hour
>

> Is there a way I can auto ratelimi mails on from-id

That would require something like policyd.

Wietse