From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:29:48 -0000 schwolop(a)gmail.com wrote:

> I get a similar problem, but not when compiling the wxWidgets library
> itself, only when linking to it in my projects. Given that the problem
> is with calls to wxAssert, etc, which is only compiled in debug
> configuration, you'll probably find that you can build the release
> version sucessfully. Chances are you won't ever need to actually debug
> inside the wxWidgets library, so this may well be an acceptable
> workaround.

You need debug build of wx not in order to debug wx itself, but to get
assert messages when you use wx API incorrectly. Chances are that using
debug version of wx will save you hours of time spent tracking down the
problems in your code otherwise.

> To solve my problem, I can use the workaround suggested at
> http://onegazhang.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!D5E642BC862BA286!480.entry
> so you might want to see if this helps you.

This is absolutely wrong. It just hides the problem and you still link
with the wrong version of the library. You *will* get mysterious other
problems later on.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org