From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:16:07 GMT Daniel James <wastebasket(a)nospam.aaisp.org> wrote:

DJ> You mean that wx doesn't require a tool like moc, you just write C++?
DJ>
DJ> Technically Qt doesn't require moc -- moc is just a preprocessor generates
DJ> C++ from a Qt-specific C++-like syntax. You could write the C++ directly (or
DJ> write a GUI builder to do it) and never run moc.

Does anybody do it in practice? Last time I looked (1998?) moc was
absolutely mandatory in practice if not in theory for Qt.

DJ> In much the same way, I can imagine some people saying wx wasn't pure C++
DJ> because you have to use a tool like DialogBlocks to get those tricky sizers
DJ> right ...

OTOH it's perfectly possible to write the GUI code by hand (I do it more
often than I use XRC probably).

DJ> Note that the C++ language used by wx is NOT terribly standard.

If you know of any places in wx code base where non standard C++ is used,
please let us know and we'll try to fix it. For the record, I'm not aware
of anything like this.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "Benjamin Lau" on
> DJ> Note that the C++ language used by wx is NOT terribly standard.
>
> If you know of any places in wx code base where non standard C++ is used,
> please let us know and we'll try to fix it. For the record, I'm not aware
> of anything like this.
>
> Regards,
I think what he meant was that where Standard C++ techniques
(inclusive of using the standard library) could be used in wxWidgets,
it is, and in a considerable number of places for that matter, not
used. However, as far as I can see, there's nothing wrong with that as
the integration of Standard C++ techniques and wxWidgets seems
manageable enough.

Just my two cents'
Benjamin Lau

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org