From: george on
The error I am getting is Invalid length parameter passed to the Left Function if that helps.

george greiner wrote:

Convert Access SQL to Server 2005
03-Nov-09

Hello I need to run a query in SQL Server 2005 that counts to a Chr(13) which is a line feed and pulls all data to the left of it. I understand there is no InStr function in SQL Server 2005 and that I need to use CHARINDEX.

I tried the following:

LEFT (defendant_info, CHARINDEX(CHAR(13),0) -1) AS def

But it appears that either it does not recognize the CHAR(13) or my parameters after that are incorrect. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

George

Parsing the Querystring with Javascript
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4bb0c33a-dc86-42d9-8d5a-74de5cbeef13/parsing-the-querystring-w.aspx