From: pca on
Dear all,

Could “reactive programming” still increase the productivity and joy
of Python programming? I’d like to hear your thoughts on the idea
that object-oriented “programming by formula”, as in a spreadsheet,
would simplify our work, because we would not have to worry about the
sequence of program execution anymore.

In fact, I have seeded an open-source project, Yoopf, that enables
programming by formula within Python, with the goal of dramatically
accelerating the development of the model view in the MVC model.
Declarative-style programming has accelerated the development of the
presentation layer (with HTML, CSS) and the Database layer (with SQL),
so why not take advantage of it for the Business Logic layer too?

You can find more information on this project at www.yoopf.org. Your
comments are more than welcome!

Best regards,
P. Carbonnelle
From: Mike Kent on

The requested URL /www.yoopf.org was not found on this server.
From: Stefan Behnel on
pca, 16.04.2010 17:18:
> In fact, I have seeded an open-source project, Yoopf, that enables
> programming by formula within Python, with the goal of dramatically
> accelerating the development of the model view in the MVC model.

Looks like the example on the main page would work better with the "any"
builtin than with the "sum" builtin.

Stefan

From: pca on
On Apr 16, 8:28 pm, Stefan Behnel <stefan...(a)behnel.de> wrote:
> pca, 16.04.2010 17:18:
>
> > In fact, I have seeded an open-source project, Yoopf, that enables
> > programming by formula within Python, with the goal of dramatically
> > accelerating the development of the model view in the MVC model.
>
> Looks like the example on the main page would work better with the "any"
> builtin than with the "sum" builtin.
>
> Stefan

Stefan,

I'm not sure what you mean. The example formula in the main page of
http://www.yoopf.org calculates the total amount of an order as the
sum of the amount of each order line: why the 'any' ?

By the way, Mike is right. The URL should be http://www.yoopf.org
(not http://www.google.com/www.yoopf.org) Sorry for that.

Pierre C.
From: Stefaan Himpe on